Mendi is committed to providing safe and healthy working conditions throughout its operations. To achieve this goal, all personnel are trained to recognise that everyone has an important role in accident prevention.
Mendi, for its part, will provide:-
- Active leadership
- Safety management & planning
- Safe work procedures
- Training and instruction
- A safe and healthy environment
- Adequate staff with specific safety responsibilities
Employees and subcontractors are required to:-
- Be aware of safety issues affecting themselves and fellow workers
- Be safety conscious
- Comply with safe work procedures and instructions
- Cooperate with fellow workers, supervisors and safety officers
Everyone has a right to expect a safe and healthy workplace.
Mendi's workplace rehabilitation policy and procedures have been accredited by QComp Queensland.